Become a Network Affiliate
The mission of Cornerstone is to facilitate “restoration through relationship” for ex-offenders, their families, victims and communities across central Texas. We strive to fulfill this mission by partnering and resourcing local non-profit and social service organizations so that God’s mandate to care for the misunderstood and outcaste of society might be fulfilled.
As an intermediary, our goal is to partner with local churches, non-profit organizations and social service providers in order to better meet the needs of these at-risk individuals while exemplifying Christ’s love in all that we do.
Cornerstone Assistance Network Affiliates are organizations that have signed a covenant with us pledging to serve ex-offenders in central Texas.
We believe partnering works best because…
- Few churches or non-profit organizations have the expertise or resources to adequately meet all the needs of ex-offenders or to carry out their vision on their own.
- Partnerships help prevent the duplication of services while allowing churches and organizations to focus resources where they are most needed.
- Partnerships expand outreach efforts and increase volunteer opportunities.
- Partnerships expose church members and organizational staff to social issues and needs outside their usual context.
- Partnerships with established agencies such as Cornerstone help smooth the way for the startup of additional ministries and services that are needed in the community.
Our Network Affiliates can expect from us…
- Organizational integrity and accountability;
- Professional staff and expertise to assist in assessing individual and community needs;
- Access to available resources;
- Quarterly reports indicating the amount and value of resources received from Cornerstone;
- Regular networking luncheons;
- Organizational training and technical assistance for leaders and start-up ministries;
- Community recognition as a “Network Affiliate” of Cornerstone.
What we expect of our Network Affiliates is to…
- Receive client referrals from Cornerstone Assistance Network Central Texas and provide appropriate services.
- Document all services provided.
- Designate a staff person or member as a Client Network Liaison.
- Post individual and group Volunteer Opportunities at Cornerstone.
- Attend Network trainings as needed.
What to do next…